a series of live, trans-border, online-offline participatory performances addressing current cross-cultural issues.
We have a situation! was initiated in 2012 by cyberformance artist Helen Varley Jamieson in collaboration with APO33 (Nantes), Furtherfield (London), MAD emergent art centre (Eindhoven) and Schaumbad Freies Atelierhaus (Graz).
The project uses cyberformance (networked performance) as a tool to promote social agency and engagement, and enhance cross-cultural understanding, through real-time conversational events that connect local and global participants in a temporary community.
The following “situations” have been created:
- We have a situation, Coventry!, Coventry University, UK, November 2016
- Temos uma Questão!, Multicidade Festival, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, November 2015
- U.F.F. – Unidentified Flying Food, Schaumbad Freies Atelierhaus, Graz, Austria, May 2013
- Peopoly, MAD emergent art center, Eindhoven, Netherlands, April 2013
- Recycle a Boeing, APO33, Nantes, France, April 2013
- Working with Electronic Waste, Furtherfield, London, UK, March 2013
The first four situations were funded with a grant from the European Cultural Foundation. Subsequent situations have been funded through the Multicidade Festival and Coventry University.
Contact: info [@] wehaveasituation.net